Modelling & Simulation Engineers
Expressions of Interest
We’re a team of people who believe no problem is too big. A team of people that despite sharing the same passion for finding answers, have diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We are leaders in systems thinking and adopt a rigorous, systems engineering and modelling approaches based on best practices gleaned from around the world.
We use our approaches in Defence, to help protect the Australian way of life, in space, to deliver emerging capabilities in a rapidly expanding sector and in transport to help governments and organisations make better decisions.
Our team, founded in 2001, headquartered in Adelaide and with a presence across Australia and New Zealand, puts all the pieces of the system together to make sense of a complex world.
About the opportunities
Shoal are leaders in the provision of complex modelling and data analytics that support our Defence and Space clients make better, more informed decisions.
As the DSA team grows, we’re looking for great people to join us in either Adelaide or Canberra.
Working with a highly skilled engineering team, you will lead and contribute to modelling, simulation & analysis projects, and partner with our clients, communicating technical outcomes to a broad range of audiences.
To be successful in these roles you will have:
- Experience in modelling, simulation, and analysis for Defence projects
- Proven experience in modelling radar systems, sensors, and imaging cameras
- An understanding of electromagnetics
- Experience with physics-based simulation
- A tertiary qualification in physics, mathematics, or engineering
- Proficiency with model development / simulation tools (e.g. Simulink, Feko, CST)
- Proficiency with programming languages (e.g. C++ / C#, MATLAB, Python)
Applicants are required to be Australian Citizens and hold a current or reinstatable NV1 Australian Defence Security Clearance.
What we’ll offer you:
- The opportunity to work with a team of specialists in the field of modelling and simulation using systems thinking
- A comprehensive professional development framework with opportunities for development activities and career progression
- Genuine work life balance with a range of flexible work and WFH options
- A comprehensive health and wellbeing program for you and your family
- A suite of leave types including the option to purchase additional annual leave
- A range of social events, both local and virtual
- A professional membership allowance
- Attendance at the annual company retreat
Are you curious?
We know that the best solutions need deep thought, so we invest in what will spark ideas and bring solutions to life.
Express your interest in joining our team by sending your resume to [email protected]